Last Updated: August 2, 2018
Adventure, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) exercises the utmost care inprotecting clients’ personal information gathered from clients via this service and will comply with the legal laws and regulations of Japan for the protection of personal information. The Company takes on the responsibility of prescribing the policy for protecting clients' personal information as detailed below.
Management of Personal Information
Internal Control Safety Management
The Company will take all measures to prevent the leakage, loss and/or destruction of personal information it holds by implementing appropriate safety measures in compliance with laws, guidelines and internal regulations. Additionally, the Company will educate its employees on topics including appropriate handling of personal information to further reinforce the security of every client's personal information.
Management of Subcontractors
The Company may share information with subcontractors in order to complete the services provided to clients. In such circumstances, the Company will assure the protection of clients' personal information provided to subcontractors by concluding an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) with all subcontractors. The Company will conduct necessary and appropriate supervision where required.
Disposal of Personal Information
Personal information of clients will be disposed by the Company where such information is deemed unnecessary in the light of normal business management.
Personal Information & Usage Purpose
The Company will only obtain clients’ personal information when necessary through appropriate methods.
When the Company intends to obtain personal information from clients, the Company will acquire the information from clients via writing or internet and the Company will clearly state the purpose of use for the requested personal information. Personal information may at times be acquired from third parties for explicit purposes in the provision of our service(s).
Acquisition Purpose of Clients’ Information
- ・For mandatory procedures of reservations/bookings as per the requests of clients
- ・Correspondence contacts to clients for all issues pertaining to reservations/bookings
- ・For the confirmation of enlistment in our e-mail delivery service(s) and to send necessary e-mails to the clients
- ・For providing and/or improving the products and services used by the clients and to develop new services
- ・To provide valued information related to products and services provided by the Company
- ・For the correspondence of applications to job openings/open positions in the Company
- ・For the prevention and analyzation of fraudulent acts and cyber attacks in the misuse of credit cards
Personal Information Required from Clients
Part or all of the following personal information will be obtained by the Company when clients make use of our services.
・ Date(s) of Birth
・ E-mail Address(es)
・ Telephone Number(s)
・ FAX Number(s)
・ Passport Information
・ Remitter and/or Beneficiary Name (for bank remittance payments)
・ Beneficiary Name and Bank Details (for refunds of cancellations)
・ Personal information as stipulated herein for travelers traveling together (Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Passport Information)
・ Contact information of overseas destination(s)
・ Address(es) (at time of travel insurance purchase)
・ Size(s) and specification(s) of vehicle(s) when boarding ferries (when traveling along with such items)
・ Information and details at time of payment(s)
・ Payment-related information and details required by settling agents (depending on the mode of payment selected
・ Content(s) of inquiries made
・ Information and details derived from other services provided under the same ID
・ Employment/Work history information (job applicants only)
Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
The Company will not share personal information of clients excluding the following circumstances:
- ・When prior consent from the client is obtained
- ・When sharing with an overseas contractor and/or with an overseas affiliated company appropriately monitored by
the Company in order to achieve the purpose of use
- ・When necessary to protect the life, body, or property of a person, and gaining the consent of the client is difficult
- ・When required legally by a national institution, local public body, or a contractor of a national institution or local public body
- ・When deemed legal based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or other law(s)
- ・When requested by the police, the prosecutor(s), the court or a similar authority
- ・For curbing the unauthorized use of credit cards
Usage of Cookies, Etc.
Cookies are tiny programs (text files) usually placed clandestinely from our site on a browser such as your computer or mobile phone.
・ Save settings such as past searches and customized displays
・ Automatically authenticate account and save the log-in information
・ Understand, analyze and improve the usage of our service(s)
For the provision of pleasant and comfortable usage of our site, the Company uses Google Analytics (by Google LLC) to further understand and analyze our service usage.
Information such as the addresses of the pages you visited, the IP addresses, etc., may automatically be sent to Google when you use our web browser services. Further, cookies may be set by Google for data collection in your browser or read your existing cookies. Such information will only be used for analyzing and improving site usages and services and does not contain any information for individual identification.
· Google Analytics Terms of Service
· Google Privacy & Terms
· Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Rights
The EU GDPR is a new set of rules that aims to strengthen protections for personal data and to ensure consistency of such protections across the EU. The GDPR applies to all residents of the EU countries.
An appeal can be made to our supervisory authority if proper process is not being observed by the Company. Further information can be obtained by contacting us at the contact e-mail below.
Revisions & Updates
Contact E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org