Origin of Image source: istockphoto.com
Switzerland is a landlocked country in central Europe and borders Austria, Italy, Germany, France, and Liechtenstein. Switzerland is known for the Alps, ski resorts, hiking trails, small villages, and lakes.
Visa and Immigration Procedures to Switzerland
Citizens of the USA, Australia, New Zealand, and Europe are not required to obtain a visa to enter Switzerland. Travelers only need their passport. However, this only applies to those who will be in Switzerland for a maximum of 90 days. Visitors planning to extend their stay in Switzerland should visit the Embassy of Switzerland for further information.
Things/Items Allowed into Switzerland
Visitors to Switzerland are allowed to import without customs duty 5 kg of margarine, oil or other fats, 1 kg of cream or butter, 250 cigars/cigarettes or 250 grams of other tobacco products and 1 liter of alcoholic beverages with over 18% vol.
Things/Items Forbidden out of Switzerland
• Inscriptions, coins, and engraved seals that may be more than 100 years old
• Stamps and Revenue Stamps
• Old music instruments and furniture (over 100 years old)
• Relatively rare objects
• Archived sounds, and photographic or cinematographic items
• Ethnological objects
• Portions or pieces of dismembered historical monuments
• Pre-historic Objects
Things/Items Forbidden into Switzerland
• Daggers and Knives
Voice of Travelers to Switzerland
Switzerland Travelers' Frequently Asked Questions
Switzerland - Direct Flights to Major Airports
Airports handling direct flights to Zurich Airport • London Heathrow Airport (UK)
• Boston, MA Airport (Boston, USA)
• Miami, FL Airport (Florida, USA)
Airports handling direct flights to Geneva Airport • JFK Airport (Queens, USA)
• Ronald Reagan (Washington USA)
• Cairo International Airport (Egypt)
• Shanghai Pudong International Airport (China)
• Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport (China)
Airports handling direct flights to Basel Airport • Heathrow Airport (UK)
• Dublin Airport (Ireland, Europe)
• London Luton Airport (London, UK)
Flight Routes to Switzerland
Major international airports are in Zurich, Geneva, Basel, and Bern. SWISS is the national carrier of Switzerland and offers flights to over 102 destinations both in Europe and other international destinations.